Thursday, September 12, 2013

Daughter Discusses How Narconon Helped Her Father

Daughter Discusses How Narconon Helped Her Father
The following is a Narconon review from a daughter whose father was enrolled in treatment at the Narconon program. Addiction is often known to cause damage to family members and especially children. The right solution for anyone with a substance abuse problem is to seek immediate treatment that will help to repair any relationship that was harmed by addiction.

As long as I could remember I had always been a Daddy's girl. People would say that my father and I had this unbreakable bond. My childhood was wonderful, but when things went wrong in my life, dad was always there to dry my tears and tell me that everything was going to be okay. When he made a promise- he kept it no matter what the circumstances. I thought that my life couldn't get any better; then the unimaginable occurred.


I was 11 years old when my dad became addicted to drugs. I was oblivious to the fact that, yes, he was human and sometimes people make mistakes, but I refused to accept that it was happening to my father. It was extremely dramatic for me. I knew that something had changed the connection between us because he had been shutting our family off for quite some time. He began spending more time with his 'friends' than us. Most of all- he quit spending time with me. I honestly thought that he just stopped caring for all of us and sometimes I believe that he did.

Receiving Help For Addiction

After much consideration, my family decided that it would be best if dad received immediate help for his drug addiction. They found information about a rehabilitation center called Narconon. It was extremely upsetting to let my dad get on the airplane for Narconon. I cried for days because I didn't think that he was going to come back. But before he got on, he promised me that he would see me again. In less than a month I noticed that dad was changing for the better. When I talked to him on the phone, he seemed happier and more confident.

Soon, I took a trip to Oklahoma to see dad. He looked great! I got to see him smile again and it was the best feeling in the world to know that our bond had not necessarily been broken, but altered. I feel that now we have an even healthier relationship.

Now I am 16 years old and I work with my father at Narconon. He now helps save the lives of others who experienced the difficulties he had gone through. I am very glad that we found Narconon. I don't know what my life would be like without him and I came close to facing that fear. Luckily he's alive and well. Things couldn't be better; this time I know that for a fact. Thank you so much Narconon.

B.H. - Narconon Daughter



 B.H.’s father attended the Narconon Arrowhead treatment facility that is located in Canadian, Oklahoma. For more information on the center or admissions contact us today or call 800-468-6933 to speak to a counselor directly at the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment